Tips to start with your anti-acne skin care routine
So I am done with my anti-acne series and I have shared some products along with their ingredients which has helped me in treating sudden break outs on my skin because of using actives & change in weather.
But I don’t want you to get super inspired up with these products (esp. young minds) and get all of them in a single go because young skins are un-mature & their skin can’t just digest all this stuff. Also, that’s not gonna work at all.
So, please go through below key points before you start with your anti-acne routine:
1. Though its not mandatory to use the same products which I have tried because every skin works differently but the main focus should be to always look for ingredients with anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can calm down acne & kill the acne causing bacteria.
2. You need not to follow these complete 4-5 steps skincare routine daily. You need to understand that minimalism is the key & your skin needs time to get adjusted to products. So, always start with one product at a time.
3. In order to start with anti-acne routine, 2 most important steps are cleansing & toning. You can use any anti-acne mild cleanser & a anti-bacterial toner. For this refer PART 1 & PART 3 of my anti-acne series. Follow this routine for 15 days & see the difference. Your acne should definitely dry down.
4. Now, once you are used to 2 steps routine, try incorporating a mask which is soothing, butter free & a little drying too twice a week post cleansing. Refer PART 2 of my anti-acne series. Follow this routine for 15 days.
5. Your skin should be by now adjusted to anti-acne products & now you can think of switching to a light weight gel moisturizer post cleansing & toning. Refer PART 6 of the series & follow this routine for 1 month. This will become your complete CTM routine.
6. If by any chance you feel, that your skin is acting up with incorporation of some product, then wait for few days & use it alternatively to let your skin adjust to it. If it reacts badly then stop using it.
7. Now, comes the time to prevent acne & not just heal them (though I am never able to succeed in this & keep getting pimples with weather changes but I really wanna share how I am trying), you can now include an anti-acne serum or active based product (toner/serum) in your skincare routine.
Just start with mixing 2 drops in gel moisturizer & follow it twice a week only. Refer PART 4 & PART 5 of my series for details. But both parts shouldn’t be followed together.
8. Whenever, you start with any active based product like aha/bha/niacinamide, always start with lower concentrations & try using natural occurring fruit acids AHA products (Eg: tomatoes, oranges, lemon, sugarcane, yogurt, buttermilk etc).
9. For chemical based actives start with 0.5% Salicyclic acid, 5% Lactic acid/Glycolic acid, 5% Niacinamide initially for 3 months at least. Its good to start with active based face cleansers & mask before switching directly to toners/serums. (Only for skins above 28 yrs)
10. Now, if you start getting break out, then never ever follow the complete CTM routine. Just cleansing & toning with a mild active based toner unless the acne gets dry down.
11. Its always better to follow the acids containing routine during night only as it is more convenient & you don’t have to put sunscreen at night.
12. Remember, lesser the products, faster the acne gonna dry down on your skin. But cleansing & exfoliation is very important to remove dead skin cells & balance oil production.
13. Toning is the best method to dry down your acne, If you stay at home, then keep using anti-acne mist/toner every hour to keep your skin oil free & calm without using anything else. You can really see your acne shedding in next 48 hours.
Hope you won’t get mislead by seeing a lot of products in the market & on bloggers page (even on my page too).
Its my interest to try different products & share the reviews with audience but at the same time its not necessary that you have to buy that product. Just see if your skin really needs it or not.
I am seeing a lot of young skins using actives these days which I think is totally worthless because their skin itself is very capable of shedding dead skin cells & they just need a normal CTM routine & a healthy diet to keep their skin healthy.
If you feed too much to your stomach, your stomach acts up, same happens with your skin too
Drink lots of water in a day to remove all the toxins from your body which is the actual cause of bacteria on your skin.