Jumiso Vitamin Cleanser is a face wash that claims to remove bacteria and excess oil without stripping away the natural moisture from the skin. The formula contains Salicylic acid that purges pores of grimes from external pollutants and helps with acne prevention. Sea buckthorn extract in it (having abundant of Vitamin C & E) delivers intensive hydration deep within pores while Honey extract alleviates redness. All in all the jumiso cleanser promise to wash your face in a gentle way without leaving any dryness on skin.
Price & Availability
Ingredients of Jumiso Vitamin Face Cleanser
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ascorbic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate,Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Coptis Japonica Root Extract,Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Extract,Honey Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,Tromethamine
- Rich in antioxidants: The cleanser contains really good amount of plant based extracts like Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract which are highly rich in antioxidants to fight free radicals & protect the skin barrier. It also contains ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) to help with skin brightening.
- Exfoliator: has exfoliating properties since it contains salicylic acid to clear the dead skin cells from pores & preventing sebum on skin.
- Mild Surfactant only: The cleanser is free from SLS/SLES or any kind of harsh surfactant. It contains Cocamidopropyl Betaine which is a fatty acid derived from coconut oil. It works as a surfactant because it helps water to bond with dirt, oil, and other debris so they can be rinsed clean.
- Contains essential oil: The cleanser contains only one EO i.e grapefruit peel oil but its high up in the ingredient list. The issue is this EO could be allergic to some sensitive skin types. The high fragrance in the cleanser clearly shows that presence of EO is in good amount in the product.
My experience with Jumiso Vitamin Cleanser
Packaging & Texture
It comes in a squeezable tube packaging having a flip – on cap opening. The tube is very convenient to use & the product doesn’t leak at all. So, its travel friendly. The texture is a runny gel and is transparent in color. It foams a good bubbly lather on contact with water.
Performance on my skin
A mild foaming face wash
I have an oily acne prone skin and I really liked this face wash as a standalone cleanser because it makes a good lather and cleanses really well. Since it has mild surfactant, its not capable enough to remove sunscreen in one wash. So you will be needing 2 washes with it if you have sunscreen on your skin.
Suitable for use in summers
I have tried it in both winters and summers and felt it didn’t dry out my oily skin in summers. But in winters I did feel dryness with it as I had to run for a moisturizer post washing my face with this cleanser. I think its quite obvious with a foaming face wash to make you feel dry in a dry weather.
Oily Skin friendly
It works well as a standalone morning cleanser on oily skin in summers but I don’t think it will be a good choice for dry to combination skin people during AM routine unless they are doing oil based cleansing in 1st step.
It takes away all the dirt and sebum really well & my face doesn’t feel sweaty for next 1-2 hour after washing face with it (unless I am working in kitchen).
Performance on sensitive skin:
When I was on adapalene (a retinoid), my skin became sensitive & raw to an extent that any product application used to create a lot of tingling & irritation on skin. I couldn’t use this face cleanser during that time in my AM routine. But I used to use it in my PM routine on alternate days along with cleansing balm & it worked well for me. So people with sensitive & irritated skin can use it occasionally but not regularly.
Strong citrus scent
Essential oils doesn’t work well on my skin but I didn’t face any issue with this cleanser except that I found the fragrance very very strong. It took me a little time to get used to its prominent grapefruit scent.
Doesn’t control Acne
Though Jumiso face cleanser is suitable for acne prone skins as it didn’t give me any breakouts but I don’t agree to the claim that it helps in preventing acne on skin. I kept facing acne pop ups on my skin while I was using this face wash.
Do remember “No matter what active ingredients are present in a face cleanser, it is too weak to work upon skin issues like acne, blemishes, dull & pigmented skin because it stays for very less time on skin.“
Is there any dupe of Jumiso Vitamin Cleanser in India?
Its not exactly a dupe in terms of ingredients but if I talk about performance, then there is an indian dupe of Jumiso Vitamin cleanser. Conscious Chemist Face Cleanser which is also a mild cleanser & rich in antioxidants. Its a little better option than Jumiso Vitamin cleanser because it doesn’t dry out the skin even in dry weather. It foams a little less than jumiso but cleansing power is almost same. Do check out my review on it.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Has exfoliating properties
- Doesn’t dry out the oily skin
- Cleanses really well by removing excess dirt and sebum
- Foams well with mild surfactants
- Fungal Acne Safe
- Free from SLS/SLES/Alcohol/Paraben
- Non – irritating, thus maintains skin PH level
- Strong citrusy fragrance
- Feels drying in winters (dry weather)
- Not that awesome for dry to normal skin types
- Won’t contribute much in controlling acne on skin
Will I recommend Jumiso Vitamin Cleanser?
I would recommend this cleanser to combination/Oily skin types as it cleanses really well without causing any irritation & redness. I won’t recommend it to dry skin & sensitive skin people as formula is not that mild & feels dry on skin. Avoid this face cleanser if you have too many active acne on your skin.
Follow me on IG for crisp reviews- @thespokenreviewer