Neulii Cica Pepta Repair Serum
Neulii is a korean Skincare brand started by RoseRoseShop. The brand focuses on clean ingredients with complete transparency with its customers.
About Serum and its claims: The Neulii Cica Pepta serum is an alcohol free serum which has Centella Asiatica & Peptides as its main ingredients. It claims to revitalize the tired and damaged skin while calming down the irritated skin with an improved Skin barrier.
Packaging: Just loved the overall minimal elegant and beautiful packaging. The pump is just effortless & takes out only the amount you required for your skin. The dark brown plastic bottle keeps the formula safe from sunlight & there is no leakage at all.
|Neulii CicaPepta Repair Serum|
Purified Water, 1,3-Propanediol, Glycereth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, 1,3-Butanediol, Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Trimethylglycine, Lecithin, Sh-Oligopeptide-1, Sh-Oligopeptide-2, Sh-Oligopeptide-11, Bacillus/Folic Acid/Soybean Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Glutamine, Carbomer, Apple Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Aronia Arbutifolia Fruit Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA
Since the ingredients list is really long and complicated for the new comers in Skincare, I am briefing about key ones in detail here:
1. Antioxidants like Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract which helps in wound healing & soothes the skin. They don’t irritate the skin and help in faster healing of acne without further aggravating them.
2. Peptides like Oligopeptide-1, Sh-Oligopeptide-2 etc are cell communicating ingredients which work to stimulate cell growth, proliferation & wound healing.
Propanediol is produced sustainably from corn sugar and it’s Ecocert approved which acts as a solvent & improve skin moisturization. Panthenol and Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) help the skin to attract water and then hold onto it. Caprylyl Glycol boosts the effectiveness of preservatives while
mainly fructose, glucose, sucrose) & natural acids which provides it mild exfoliation & brightening properties.
5. Folic acid & Soybean extract contains antioxidants and help fight free radicals. It helps in moisture retention and alleviate skin dryness which helps in improving uneven skin tone & visible signs of ageing leading to a better skin appearance.
6. Some added viscosity controllers like
Now, let’s quickly switch to my experience with this serum & how it has worked out for my sensitive acne prone oily skin:
- Skin Effectiveness: As it clearly depicted from the ingredients, this serum majorly focuses on healing & smoothing the damaged skin. It has worked for me in the same way. I have this stupid habit of popping my pimples which sometimes drive me crazy & I end up in harming my skin. Using this serum religiously in my AM & PM routine has just tripled out my acne wound healing & I can literally see the wounds leaving less acne scars on my skin. I have started noticing the improvement in the texture of my skin after 1 month of continuous usage & my skin no more look dull & lifeless. This means this serum has skin rejuvenating properties too which I think definitely helps in reducing signs of ageing in a longer run.
- Texture: Its a water based serum with a gel like texture – something similar to aloe gel only. The gel is completely non tacky and lightweight which gets absorbed into the skin effortlessly making it suitable for oily skin types too.
|1 pump neulii cica Serum|
- Hydration: The serum provides medium hydration to the skin & works amazingly in humid weather conditions when you are afraid of applying anything. Also, it absorbs all the stickiness & reveals a plump looking oil free skin.
- Fragrance: Its a fragrance free serum with no major unpleasant fragrance.
- Tolerance: The serum has a very high tolerance with actives & is safe to be layered with actives like AHA/BHA as well. In fact, it really helps in calming down sensitive irritated skin post actives usage. It also soothes down the sun burnt skin & makes it feel relax & easy.
- Price & Quantity: It comes in a 80ml bottle & honestly, I have never used a serum bottle with this much quantity. Only 2 pumps are sufficient enough for the entire face and neck which means this serum gonna lasts you really long. Seeing the longevity, I think this is a very pocket friendly & effective anti-ageing & healing serum available in the market. Its price is around Rs 1000 ($14) but available on discounts on Roseroseshop for Rs 670 ($9) only. Its also available on YesStyle & you can use my code “AVNIBABBAR” for extra 5% off.
How to Use:
Since its a water based serum , it should be layered before any heavy weight serums or moisturizers.
Method 1: Post cleansing and toning, just take 2 pumps of the serum and rub it against your palms and tap it on your skin untill it completely absorbed. Followed by a moisturizer and oil afterwards as per your skin need.
Method 2 (With Actives): Post applying actives like AHA/BHA/Niacinamide etc, wait for 10 minutes & take 2 pumps of the serum & apply it on your face by gently tapping it in with hands. Your skin will feel relax and pumped. Followed by further layering afterwards.
- Though I didn’t face any breakouts or irritation on my skin with it but I won’t recommend it to people with Skin cancer (b’coz peptides are not suitable for such people as they increase cell production which ultimately may elevate their cancer too).
- Other than that, I won’t recommend it to be mixed with any kind of actives b’coz it has multiple ingredients & you never know to which ingredient actives might react to.
- Since the serum has multiple ingredients in it, so it may not suit to people with a specific allergy to any of its ingredients. So please check ingredients properly before making a purchase & patch test is highly recommended.
My Verdict & Recommendation
Initially I was very skeptic about this product due to long ingredients list but I really liked that brand has revealed all the ingredients in public and everyone can do their own research based on their skin type. I really enjoyed the serum and still continue to use it as it didn’t give me any break outs & instead helped in quick healing of my skin with existing acne wounds & scars. Also, my oily skin just loved the light weight texture of the serum & its soothing properties. So, I would highly recommend it to all skin types including acne prone sensitive skins, given you do not have any allergies to these ingredients.