About Pure Bubbles Soapery brand
Pure Bubbles Soapery is an indian home grown brand whose products are easily available on their website & have some really effective results as compared to other drug store brands easily available in the market. The brand reveals the complete ingredient list & believe in making skincare/haircare products suitable for different skin types & concerns.
Why VitaminC in skincare
Vitamin C is an all rounder when it comes to addressing skincare issues like dull skin, pigmentation, acne scars, uneven skin tone & under eye dark circles. While it has multiple benefits of including it in skincare routine, it has the potency of damaging your skin & reacting on your skin if not used with proper precautions & concentrations. As a beginner, its always recommended to use vitamin C in less proportions like 3-5% & than gradually one should move to higher concentrations till 15-20% depending upon their skin type & concerns.
About Pure bubbles Vitamin C brightening drops
Its a water based vitamin C serum which has 5% ethyl ascorbic acid (EAC) in the form of Vitamin C. Its a very stable and soluble form of vit C in both water & oil. EAC is proved to have both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect, and it’s claimed to be able to boost the skin’s collagen production. The strong point of EAC though is skin brightening. Having 5% EAC in pure bubbles brightening drops makes it very potent & effective vitamin C serum to brighten up the dull skin.
It also claims to reduce Pigmentation, Acne Spots, Sun spots, Improves efficacy of sunscreen & Tightens pores too.
Pure Bubbles Vitamin C Ingredients list
Distilled water, Aloe juice, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Centella asiatica extract, glycerin, Green tea extract, Propenediol,
Hydroxyethyl urea, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Manihot esculenta Tuber Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, ethyl hexyl Olivate Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Olivate
Phenoxyethanol Triethylene Glycol, Hyaluronic acid, Europaea leaf extract, Bergamia essential oil
Pure bubbles Vitamin C – Packaging & Texture
It comes in a blue color glass bottle with a dropper which makes it very easy to use. Ethyl ascorbic acid is stable enough, so u don’t have to worry about getting it oxidized but its recommended to store it away from sunlight. The serum is of milky white color & has liquid consistency (almost like a water). The white color is due to the presence of oil based licorice marshmallow extract which enhances the serum effectiveness along with Vitamin C.
How to use it
Vitamin C is an active & its very important to use it with precautions if you are a beginner with it. Its suitable to be used daily in either AM or PM routine.
For Beginners: Cleanse your face & after toning, mix 4 drops of serum with a gel moisturizer/serum (should be AHA/BHA/PHA & Niacinamide free ) & apply it all over your face. Follow up by a moisturizer after 10 minutes. Layer it up with a sunscreen if you are using it in AM routine.
For experts: By experts I mean who are already using Vitamin C from 1 year & have build the tolerance towards it :). After cleansing & toning, take 4-5 drops in palm & pat all over skin. Follow up with a AHA/BHA/PHA free serum/moisturizer & your remaining skincare routine.
My preference of using it: Since its a thin consistency water based serum, i found it tough to spread it evenly on my skin standalone bcoz it absorbs in no time, so I mix 4 drops of it in my innisfree green seed serum & apply it on my skin. This way I make sure it has spread on all parts of my skin :). I prefer to use it in my AM skincare routine so that I can use other actives (AHA/BHA/retinol) in my PM routine.
My Experience with Pure bubbles Vitamin C
- The water consistency serum is too light in weight and a boon for oily skin people like me in summers & humid weather.
- It doesn’t feel sticky on face at all because it absorbs in no time if used standalone.
- It doesn’t provide much hydration to skin, so you have to follow up with a good hydrating moisturizer.
- It doesn’t irritate the sensitive acne prone skin & even active acne also, thanks to the skin calming ingredients like Centella asiatica extract, Green tea extract, Propenediol etc present in it.
- It didn’t cause me any skin reactions when I used it with a hydrating active free serum/moisturizer & post that standalone too it worked fine
- I couldn’t notice much instant effects while using this serum but after 3 weeks of time, I could observe a visible glow on my skin & pigmentation around my lips also improved
- I have seen a visible change in my acne scars but given that I am also using pure bubbles resurfacing serum in my night routine daily. So, I am not sure if it really helps standalone with acne scars.
- Vitamin C serum has the risk of making skin dark after sometime of applying it because it has the tendency of oxidizing quicky but with this serum I didn’t observe any such issue & my skin only felt the glow on my face after using it. Though layering it up with a sunscreen is mandatory.
Possible side effects & Precautions
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in it than please avoid using it.
- It is not supposed to be used with any other active like Niacinamide/AHA/BHA/retinol in the same routine otherwise your skin might face a reaction & sudden breakouts.
- Though Ethyl ascorbic acid is a stable vitamin C form but it could cause purging on skin for 2-3 weeks after that your skin should start healing. To avoid purging, I would suggest you to either mix it in a active free serum/gel moisturizer or layer it immediately with gel moisturizer. This will reduce the vitamin C effectiveness on skin but your skin will become use to this vitamin C.
- Skin becomes photo-sensitive after applying Vitamin C, so the serum must be layered with a thick sunscreen layer before exposing your self to sunlight. Even if you have applied it in PM routine than also the sunscreen is mandatory to be applied next morning.
- Suitable for acne prone sensitive skins
- Very light weight & gets easily absorbed into skin
- Suitable to be used in humid weather conditions too
- Can be used daily in AM/PM skin routine
- Noticed glow on skin after 3-4 weeks
- Potency is quite good
- Feels soothing & calming on skin
- Suitable for beginners
- Doesn’t irritate & gentle on active acne
- Might not help with acne marks if used standalone
- Not hydrating enough for dry weather, so needs to be followed up with a moisturizer
- High end Skincare lovers may not see much effects from it
My Verdict & recommendation
Overall I give a thumbs up to this serum for beginners in vitamin C (people in skincare from less than 1 year) & I liked it a lot as a daily Vitamin C serum which has skin calming properties too. Also, if you are searching for an everyday vitamin C serum than this is one of the best available in indian brands. I would highly recommend to try out the pure bubbles vitamin C brightening drops which is suitable to be used in every weather & for every skin.
Price & discount code
Its available for Rs 990 & Use code ‘AVNI10‘ for extra 10% off on pure bubbles soapery official website. *Not applicable during sale hours.
Do let me know in comments section if you have queries & I would be more than happy to help you out 🙂