Vaunt Vitamin C Water Review
There is no looking back since the time I have introduced Vitamin C in my skincare routine. I really love how this one ingredient is so versatile to address different skin problems ranging from pigmentation, scars, blemishes & dull skin. But its also very important to be selective about brands when it comes to introducing Vitamin C in your skincare esp. when you are a beginner.
About VAUNT skincare brand
VAUNT is an upcoming indian skincare brand who believes in making fuss free and easy to use ‘Daily Skin Solutions’ for people busy in their day to day life. There products are artificial fragrance free suitable for sensitive skins while also having the price range affordable. All their products are vegan and cruelty free which are formulated keeping every skin type in mind.
|Vaunt Vitamin C serum
The vitamin C water comes in a black glass bottle with a dispenser. The color of the bottle prevents the serum from sunlight & this also prevents the product from getting oxidized. The packaging is good and travel friendly too.
Price: Rs 745 for 30ml
It has 5% Vitamin C in the form of Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate which is a water-soluble stable form of Vitamin C. Apart from this the other main ingredients are Geranium Water, Amla Extract, Licorice Extract, Citric Acid and Hyaluronic Acid. All these ingredients really makes it suitable for acne prone sensitive skin. Please refer the complete ingredients in the pic.
|Ingredients of Vaunt Vitamin C
A little about Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
It is a salt which is a stable form of Vitamin C and is less potent than the most commonly used Vitamin C – L ascorbic acid. Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate converts into ascorbic acid once it’s inside the skin; this conversion process is what makes it less active and less effective also. Given these facts it’s lighter, less intense & causes less irritation too while being beneficial also. L-ascorbic acid being notorious & easily gets oxidized when exposed to light or oxygen while Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is the more stable Vitamin C form & is light, oxygen and water-stable too. So, you don’t need to worry about loosing its potency easily. Being an antioxidant, it helps fight free radicals, evens out skin tone & boosts collagen production.
Texture of Vaunt Vitamin C water
As the name suggests, the texture of the serum is likewhati water only which is very runny and its tough to directly apply it on your skin using dropper. The color of the serum is pale yellow which is due to natural extracts present in it (& not due to oxidization).
My Experience with Vaunt Vitamin C water
- The serum is a non sticky serum and absorbs immediately into my oily skin
- Its very suitable to use in humid weather when you don’t feel like applying products on your skin
- Being a sensitive skin person, I am always afraid of using actives on my skin but this serum surprisingly didn’t give me any breakouts even when I was using it directly on my skin
- Since its just a 5% vitamin C serum, its very suitable to use daily in your AM skin care routine
- Some vitamin C based serum tends to cause irritation & itching on skin, but this serum is very suitable for acne irritated sensitive skins which doesn’t give any irritation or redness.
- For initial 15 days, I didn’t observe any change in my acne marks or pigmented skin near my lips with this serum but after emptying the complete bottle, I could actually see a change in lightening of my acne scars (given the fact that acne scars does fade with time too).
- The best part is serum doesn’t get oxidize till the time I emptied the complete bottle (which took me around 3 months)
- Having anti-acne ingredients, I still didn’t find this serum working much for the active acne on my skin, though it never aggravated them too (so its totally fine with me)
- The serum is not that hydrating enough for dry to normal skin types, so you have to follow up with a hydrating serum or moisturizer post using it. I always use Centella & Peptides based hydrating serum post using it.
- The serum does not give immediate brightening effect post application because its only 5% Vitamin C but with continuous usage I could see my natural skin tone getting better.
- One bottle of serum is not sufficient enough to work on stubborn acne marks.
Can it cause any side-effects:
Any active could have the side-effect of reacting on your skin & breaking out your skin. Before using an active, I always warn you guys to never use it directly on your skin & first use it by mixing it in a gel moisturizer. Though I believe that Vaunt Vitamin C water is gentle enough to be used directly on the skin for beginners too but still you never know how your skin will react to Vitamin C. So start by mixing 2-3 drops in your moisturizer for 2 weeks & then you can switch to using it standalone if your skin works fine with it. It can be used in both AM & PM routine but I always prefer to use Vitamin C in the AM routine followed by a moisturizer & sunscreen (which is mandatory to protect your skin).
How to Use
Since its a water based serum, so it is supposed to be used before any heavy serums & moisturizers.
Post cleansing & toning, mix 2-3 drops of it in a gel moisturizer & apply it (if you are a beginner do this for first 15 days) else take 3-4 drops in your palm & tap it on your face. Follow up with heavy serums, moisturizers & oils. Can be used in both AM & PM routines but beginners should always start with Vitamin C in PM routine for first 15 days & then can switch to AM routine too.
Precautions to follow with Vitamin C
- Since Vitamin C oxidizes quickly which makes the skin appear dark, So always layer it with a moisturizer.
- Its an active & makes your skin photo sensitive. So its very important to always apply sunscreen in the morning while you are using it in your skincare routine. It works best under sunscreen & compliments it by blocking harmful UV rays from reaching your skin cells.
- Vitamin C is itself an active & works on brightening the skin, so you don’t need Niacinamide to use with it in the same routine. Using both in the same routine is bombarding your skin with actives & will not gonna give any advantages to you but only damaging it further
- Very gentle on skin
- Suitable for acne prone sensitive skins
- Doesn’t give breakouts or much purging
- Very light weight & gets easily absorbed into skin
- Suitable to be used in humid weather conditions too
- Can be used daily in AM/PM skin routine
- Helps lighten recent acne marks
- Helps with skin brightening if used consistently
- Suitable for beginners
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Works slowly towards showing results
- Potency is low
- Does not help with drying out acne on skin
- Doesn’t help with old stubborn acne marks
- Not hydrating enough for dry weather & dry to normal skin types
- High end Skincare lovers may not see much effects from it
My final Verdict & recommendation
Before expecting any active to work on my skin, I first expect the product to suit my skin & don’t give me breakouts or much purging. I really like Vaunt Vitamin C serum because its very gentle on skin & can be used by beginners without any worry of reaction on their skin. Though I don’t think it will provide much help to the people already using potent Vitamin C in their routines. Also, it is a slow & steady serum while showing results & won’t give you an even skin tone in few days but it will definitely makes your skin used to Vitamin C serums, so that you can use a higher potent one later to see faster results. I would recommend it to all the beginners who are in search of a good vitamin C serum to include in their skincare routine. I would also recommend it to people with sensitive skins who wanted to use a gentle vitamin C serum in their daily routine.
Please leave in your comments if you still have any queries & I will be happy to answer them.