Etude House Soon Jung skin care is majorly focused upon keeping sensitive skin protected against external stimuli by relieving skin irritation & stress.
What Soon Jung mini kit contains?
The kit contains 4 products:
Ph 5.5 Relief Toner – 15ml claims to calm heated & irritated skin without causing any irritation due to its balanced ph formula.
10-Free Moist Emulsion – 15ml claims to provide hydration for a fresh feel to skin.
2x Barrier Intensive Cream – 7ml claims to provide extra moisture to dry & rough skin by providing oil and water balance care. It focuses on repairing damaged skin barrier
5-Panthensoside Cica Balm – 5ml claims to provide moisture & soothe the extreme irritated & inflamed areas on skin.
Price and Availability
It comes for Rs 500 and can be purchased from BeautybarnIndia.
Soon Jung skincare kit Ingredients
Soon Jung pH5.5 Relief Toner
WATER, PROPANEDIOL, GLYCERIN, BETAINE, PANTHENOL, MADECASSOSIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL GLYCERIN, CARBOMER, POLYGLYCERIN-3, DISODIUM EDTA
Soon Jung 10 Free Moist Emulsion
WATER, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, SQUALANE, PANTHENOL, MADECASSOSIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, XANTHAN GUM, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA
Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream ingredients
WATER,PROPANEDIOL,PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE,CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,GLYCERIN,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL,POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER,CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PANTHENOL, MADECASSOSIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,1,2-HEXANEDIOL,POTASSIUM CARBOMER,XANTHAN GUM,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,DISODIUM EDTA
5-Panthensoside Cica Balm
WATER, PROPANEDIOL, PANTHENOL, SQUALANE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, MADECASSOSIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, STEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TROMETHAMINE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL
- The entire soon jung range is highly rich in humectants, antioxidants and soothing ingredients like panthenol, green tea extract, Madecassoside, propanediol , butylene glycol etc.
- Moist Emulsion additional contains fatty alcohols & rich in emollients but free from oils. The emollients work upon providing extra moisture & softness to skin without any greasiness.
- Barrier intensive cream is rich in more thicker emollients like shea butter, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose etc and occlusive like Sunflower seed oil to provide the extra moisture to extremely dry & damaged areas on skin.
- Cica balm contains an added advantage of having 5% Panthenol which increases the balm efficiency. It repair the excessively inflamed areas of skin which are full of hyper-pigmentation & acne marks. . Its an oil free formula rich in fatty alcohols, fatty acids & emollients.
My experience with Soon jung skincare kit
Soon Jung Ph 5.5 Relief Toner
The toner is in thin transparent liquid form and can be used by simply slathering it on face & pat it in. The toner provides good amount of hydration and doesn’t irritate the skin and eyes. I didn’t feel it as soothing & calming like other k-beauty toners. It leaves a sticky feel on skin which feels uncomfortable on my oily skin. Overall I will give this toner a pass and won’t like to purchase its full size bottle.
Soon Jung 10 Free Moist Emulsion
The consistency of the emulsion is runny like somewhere between a serum and a moisturizer. It feels very light on skin and absorbs immediately into skin giving enough hydration and moisture to irritated & damaged skin. My oily skin didn’t feel any greasiness with it. This emulsion worked as a moisturizer for my oily skin & I loved using it with actives like aha,bha, retinol as well. I didn’t face any breakouts with it & would love to purchase its full size.
Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream
The cream is formulated to work upon outer skin layer thus to protect the skin from water loss. Its a thick white color cream which I felt quite heavy on my oily skin. It made me sweat every time I used it even as a standalone moisturizer. The cream is really effective in terms of sealing all the products applied before it & prevent trans epidermal water loss (TEWL). I think this cream would be more suitable for dry & mature dull skin which needs to maintain or intense repair of skin barrier. I would skip buying its full version as I didn’t find it suitable for acne prone oily skin.
Soon Jung Cica Balm
The balm is of thick gel consistency and feels quite smooth when applied on the skin surface. I used this balm a lot on my dry peeling & inflamed spots when I was on retinoid. It absorbs into the skin quite well without leaving a greasy feel. I have used it all over my inflamed red face 1-2 times & loved how it calmed my skin overnight. I would definitely consider buying its full size in winters when my oily skin needs some extra nourishment. For dry skin people this is really amazing but not suitable to be applied on active acne.
My Hit and Miss from soon jung kit
- Ph 5.5 Relief Toner is a miss for me because I didn’t find it that soothing on my acne prone oily skin.
- Free Moist Emulsion is a hit for me because it provides both hydration & moisture to skin making it feel calm & soft instantly.
- Barrier Intensive Cream is a miss as I found it very heavy and greasy on my skin.
- Cica Balm is a hit because it relaxes the inflamed & red areas really well while providing moisture & softness to dry areas of skin.
All products in soon jung skincare kit focus on the same concern with almost similar ingredients but different performances. As a consumer, you don’t need all products at the same time and only 1-2 products from the range can address your stressed skin issues. I would say moist emulsion and cica balm are good picks from the kit which is suitable for all skin types. The products are not fungal acne safe and thus I won’t recommend these products to extreme active acne skin.
Follow me on IG: @thespokenreviewer for having 1-1 chat with me.